PhpStorm 2021.1 Beta is now available!
Below is a roundup of the most notable updates for the upcoming 2021.1 release. The links will take you to the EAP posts published over the last few months, which contain detailed descriptions of each feature.
No license is required to use this build.
Inspections and quick-fixes
In 2021.1, we’re adding more than 15 new inspections. Here are just a few of them you can look forward to:
Code With Me
Code With Me is a JetBrains tool for collaborative development and pair programming. We originally introduced it in PhpStorm 2020.3, and it has received significant updates in this release.
Set the required level of access to your project and share the link with your guests. Peers do not even need to have their own IDEs installed to collaborate, and there are embedded audio and video calls along with chat messaging.
For businesses that require extra-security, Code With Me on-premises can be installed and securely run on a private network.
The WebStorm team delivered this release with several improvements:
- When working with style sheets, you can now check the specificity of your selectors – just hover over a selector that you want to check.
- Improved support for Stylelint allows fixing issues in your CSS by using Alt+Enter quick-fixes.
In this quality release, we fixed a number of important issues. Here is a selection of interesting ones:
- Debugging WSL 2 projects in Docker (WI-53396).
- Resolving correct paths for quality tools with Docker Compose in exec mode (WI-55840).
- Correct handling of big files (more than 5000 lines of code) (WI-31569).
- Significantly improved performance in projects with many aliases (WI-58306).
These are just some of the most important enhancements in the upcoming PhpStorm 2021.1. If you’d like to learn more, check out the What’s coming in PhpStorm 2021.1 playlist on our YouTube channel, JetBrainsTV.
Note that Beta builds are significantly more stable than EAP builds, but there will probably still be some issues. If you run into any, please report them to our issue tracker.
The JetBrains PhpStorm team
The Drive to Develop