The “unofficial kick-off to summer” is HERE and we are ready for it! Especially this year:) We want the warm sun on our skin, that summer breeze coming through the windows, and delicious recipes on hand. Whether it’s a pool day, a BBQ, or a day at the beach or pool, this Malibu Bay Breeze drink is a MUST HAVE! It’s tropical because of the pineapple and Malibu rum, and gorgeous because of the cranberry juice and lime.
Malibu Bay Breeze
While stuck at home (in that year I won’t mention right now) we put a pool in our backyard. It was pure torture not being able to go to the beach! This year, however, we have TWO places to enjoy our free time in the sun. Whether your toes are in the sand, the pool, or at the lake, this yummy summer drink recipe is for you!
To serve this delicious Malibu Bay Breeze cocktail, you will want to present it in layers. That way, whoever enjoys it can spin and stir the yummy flavors together as they please. There’s such an easy trick to creating layers to drinks. Let me show you how! For this recipe, you need 3 ingredients: Malibu rum, pineapple juice, and cranberry juice.
How to Make a Layered Drinks with the Malibu Bay Breeze Recipe
The layers of your drink depend entirely on the sugar content of your pineapple juice and cranberry juice. The juice with the MOST sugar goes in the bottom of the glass. In my case, I always buy a lower-sugar cranberry juice. The lighter the sugar content, the lighter it is and, therefore, will “float” better at the top of the glass.
The trick is to pour the top juice slowly. If you pour it too fast, the colors will mix immediately (but will eventually separate based on sugar content). To create the perfect-looking Malibu Bay Breeze, slowly pour the cranberry juice (or the juice with the lower sugar content) over the back of a spoon. This beautifully creates layers based on the slow, evenly distributed pour, based on sugar content. Serve with lots of ice and a slice of lime. ENJOY!!!
More Festive Drinks to Enjoy Next by Smart School House:
You Will Need
- Malibu Rum
- Cranberry Juice
- Pineapple Juice
- Lime Slices
- Fun Glasses or a Pitcher
- Fill cups or pitcher with ice to the top
- Add equal parts of Malibu rum, pineapple juice, and cranberry juice
- The juice with the HIGHEST sugar content goes on the bottom, the rum goes in the middle, and the juice with the lowest sugar content goes on top. Use a spoon to SLOWLY pour the top juice on top.
- Add a slice of lime on the rim or in the cup
This cocktail has been served up many ways.
- This can be layered, where you clearly see the different juices or this can be stirred for a more consistent cocktail
- You can serve this straight up (with no ice) or on the rocks (with ice)
- The glass doesn’t matter
- The garnish is up to you. Lime, orange, or pineapple slices are all appropriate. Even a cherry works here too.
- If you hate the taste of rum, switch it out for a coconut flavored vodka
- If it isn’t sweet enough, consider adding a dash of grenadine.