Summer has unofficially kicked off with Memorial Day weekend here and we are SO excited! What is better than a warm gooey s’more at night? Fudgsicle S’mores during the day! You (and the neighborhood kids) are going to love this! Summer is my most favorite time of the year because the days are long and sunny! You can stay out and have a bonfire at the beach or you can jump in the pool first thing in the morning. Summer is made for fun and we like to live it up! There are a few staple food items that everyone must enjoy during the summer. One thing you simply cannot go without is a s’more!
Whether you’re camping or making a s’more in your backyard, they epitomize summer and usually create memories filled with laughter and happiness. Today, however, we couldn’t wait until the sun was down or the BBQ was burning… we wanted that amazing s’mores flavor now. You can use melted marshmallows or marshmallow fluff that is warmed up enough to drizzle over a chocolate popsicle.
Next, crumble a graham cracker square, as seen below. This helps the graham cracker stick to the marshmallow fluff! Use as many graham crackers as you desire.
Fudgsicle S’mores have the icy cool, refreshing flavors of chocolate and fudge mixed with gooey marshmallow and graham crackers! Honestly, it doesn’t get better than this on a warm day.
Popsicle has always been the original summertime treat and we like to stock our garage freezer with all of our favorites like the classic Orange, Cherry, and Grape Popsicle pops in the iconic yellow box. Popsicle Brand Ice pops has been bringing the fun with bright colors and bold, icy-cool refreshing flavors since 1905.
^^^ Happy 6th Birthday to Mr. Smart School House Jr.! ^^^
More Summer Dessert Recipe Ideas by Smart School House
You Will Need
- Fudgsicle Bars
- Graham crackers
- Marshmallow fluff (or regular marshmallows!)
- Small hammer or meat tenderizer
- Large baggie
Be prepared to work fast because this frozen treat will melt quickly! Try to have all of your items prepared in advance before getting started.
- Place a few graham crackers inside of a large baggie and zip the top closed (removing air in the bag). Gently tap on them with a hammer or meat tenderizer. Kids are REALLY good at doing this LOL! Tell them to go outside and do it on the sidewalk very gently. Just a couple of taps will do!
- Put a couple scoops of marshmallow fluff or a hand full of marshmallows into a microwave-safe bowl. In 30 second intervals, microwave the marshmallows until they are fully melted (2 rounds usually works). If you’re using regular marshmallows, add a teaspoon or 2 of water to thin out the marshmallows.
- Carefully remove the bowl from the microwave.
- Grab a Fudgsicle and hold it in one hand over the sink. Scoop up some melted marshmallow in a spoon and drizzle it over the Fudgsicle.
- Quickly sprinkle some of the crushed graham cracker over the drizzled marshmallow.
- Hurry outside, show off your amazing creation, answer all of the questions like, “Did you just make that?” and, “Is that a frozen s’more?” then you devour the deliciousness of chocolate, marshmallow, and graham cracker on a stick.
(Then, jump in the pool if there is one around).